My desk needs a bit of sprucing up. My big plan is to sand it completely to remove the stain, and then paint it white, or maybe yellow. In the mean time I decided to work on a smaller project to make my work area a bit more cheerful. I spend a lot of time sitting at my desk, so I wanted to have a cheery pop of colour there. I decided that a new pen pot would be just the thing! And while I was at it I made a vase too.
- Empty jam or mason jars. ( I always have a ton of these I keep, you?)
- White gesso
- Spray ink
- A sponge dabber
- Non-stick craft mat.
2. Holding the jar by the rim, spray the ink on the lower part of the jar while turning it at the same time
- You could make these in a rainbow of colours for a themed event.
- Or paint different shaped jars in the same colour for some uniformity.
- Instead of spray ink, experiment with acrylic paints or washes.
Visit MyMisi for Amazing Handmade Creations!